Eberron: Rising from the Last War (D&D Campaign Setting and Adventure Book) (Dungeons & Dragons)
(as of Nov 27,2022 15:12:36 UTC – Details)
This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?
• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.
• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
From the Publisher
Stories Don’t Always End Well
Whether aboard an airship or a train car, embark on thrilling adventures shrouded in intrigue! Discover secrets buried by years of devastating war, in which magic-fueled weapons threatened an entire continent.
In the post-war world, magic pervades everyday life, and people of all sorts flock to Sharn, a city of wonders where skyscrapers pierce the clouds. Will you find your fortune on mean city streets or scouring the secrets of haunted battlefields? Will you throw in your lot with the mighty dragonmarked houses, ruthless families who control whole nations? Will you seek truth as a newspaper reporter, a university researcher, or a government spy? Or will you forge a destiny that defies the scars of war?
This book provides tools that both players and Dungeon Masters need to explore the world of Eberron, including the artificer character class—a master of magical invention—and monsters birthed by ancient warmongering forces.
Inside Eberron: Rising from the Last War
Enter a World in Need of Heroes
The world of Eberron has a rich history built on heroic deeds, evolving magic, and the wounds of a long, devastating war.
Eberron: Rising from the Last War embraces swashbuckling action and pulp adventure with a layer of noir intrigue, creating the perfect opportunity for a group of bold adventurers to make a difference—for better or for worse.
Choose Your Friends Carefully
Much of Eberron is the domain of the rich and powerful—and adventurers like you often carry out their deeds.
An adventuring group that has an influential backer as a patron has access to powerful resources, a reason to work together, and the means to change the world around them.
Enhance Your Abilities
A halfling healer lays hands on a dying man, and the mark on her forehead blazes with blue fire as his wounds close and vanish. A human artificer touches a creation forge, and the symbol on her hand flares as the eldritch machine rumbles to life.
Each of these people possesses a “dragonmark”—an emblem that grants a set of abilities, reflecting the inherent powers of the mark and adding a unique twist to your character creation.
An innovator in providing fantasy entertainment, Dungeons & Dragons is the wellspring for the entire modern game industry, digital as well as tabletop. Fifth edition D&D draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience, and exemplifies the true spirit of a game that holds captive the hearts and minds of millions of players worldwide. The core rulebook series consists of three books: the Player’s Handbook, the Monster Manual, and the Dungeon Master’s Guide.