It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
(as of Oct 17,2021 16:49:53 UTC – Details)
New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst unveils her heart amid shattering circumstances and shows readers how to live assured when life doesn’t turn out like they expected.
What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful, and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she’s also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth.
From the Publisher
Have you ever struggled with the fact that your life doesn’t look the way you thought it would? Maybe you have this feeling that circumstances, relationships, and finances should be better than they are. And underneath it all, you’re disappointed.
Yes, disappointment is a feeling we all have but few of us know how to process it or find God’s goodness in the midst of it. I understand. The last few years, I’ve had to face one hardship after another. At many points I’ve wondered how I would make it through.
But God has been showing me rich truths that I want to share with you in my book, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way. If you’re asking ‘God, why would You allow this to happen?,’ this book will help you stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and painful situations. You’ll begin moving forward with peace and confidence, assured that God’s Word holds the answers you’re looking for.
Learn more about the It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way suite of products.
Publisher:Thomas Nelson (November 13, 2018)
Item Weight:1.14 pounds
Dimensions:5.88 x 0.88 x 8.75 inches